Thanksgiving Cruise Detailed Trip Information
7-night Eastern Caribbean adventure out of Miami, Florida.
It’s an incredible deal, and we can all thank Costco for that. They worked with Royal Caribbean to create a valuable family bundle on a Thanksgiving cruise at a great price. If you haven’t seen Allure of the Seas before, check this out! When Costco Travel puts a package together like this, they call it their“Buyers Choice”.
For this cruise, their “Buyers Choice” package includes:
- A $25 Beverage Credit for two to share
- One specialty dining experience at Giovanni’s or Chops Grille (up to four guests* - valued at $40 per guest).
- Onboard Soda Package for two (valued at $59.50)
- Johnny Rockets lunch or dinner for up to (up to four guests*)
- Cupcake Decorating Class and Ice Cream Cup for two (valued at $22.00 per guest)
- A $95.00 Costco Cash Card (arrives a couple weeks after you get back)
*based on the number people staying in your cabin
This Buyers Choice package is worth a minimum of $315 for each cabin!
Now, the Money Part:
- Your total per cabin* with taxes, port fees, and gratuities is $2,082.70
- Gratuities on this cruise are $101.50 per person or $203.00 per cabin.
- To book your cabin, a 100% refundable $500.00 deposit is due when you book.
- Your balance is due in full on August 6th, 2018
*(based on two people per cabin)
Here are the cruise details:
- Cruise line: Royal Caribbean®
- Cruise Length: 7 Nights
- Ship Name: Allure of the Seas
- Port: Miami, Florida
- Departure Date: Sunday, November 18, 2018,
- Return Date: Sunday, November 25, 2018,
Philipsburg, St Maarten - 8:00am-5:00pm
San Juan, Puerto Rico - 7:00am-2:00pm
Labadee, Haiti - 9:30am-6:00pm
The cost is $1,041.35 per person. This Costco deal is for a balcony cabin overlooking Central Park (not the ocean). These are category J2 for you cruise geeks. If you want to find a spot near us we’re in a block of cabins overlooking "Central Park” on deck 11 (see deck plan).
Also, we’ve requested “*My Time” as our dining option.
If you’re ready to book your cruise and you’re a Costco member, you just need to call Costco Travel at (866)921-7925. If you aren’t a Costco member... it’s time to join. ;-)
We are planning to fly Alaska Airlines to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) on Saturday, November 17th, 2018. On our return, due to airfare costs on “Thanksgiving Sunday,” we plan to stay in Miami for three nights and return on Wednesday, November 28th.
If you’d like to join us, we plan to rent a large home or two that can sleep 10 to 12 people. We’ve found several options on Airbnb at $350-450 per night ($60-$90 per couple, per night). This looks really good to us as it adds three nights to our vacation and saves each couple about $800 after the room is paid for.
Would you like to join us or put a second house together? Contact Mark
Cruise Insurance (optional):
If you choose to obtain cruise insurance, the costs will depend on your cabin type and your age, but for this cruise, it will run about $100/person.
Port Transfers (Ground Transportation):
The transfer cost will run you approximately $20/person round trip.
Cruise Travel Advisory for US Citizens:
On June 1st, 2009 the State Department issued an update to our passport requirements. All US citizens are required to carry a passport when entering the United States. If you don't already have one you can apply at your local post office. To learn more about the process, you can follow this link to the Passport Application process. Costco can help you with your passport photo for about $5.00.
Please let us know once you’ve made your cruise reservation. We just need your Royal Caribbean reservation number to link your cruise to “The Fun Bunch”!
One thing we know for sure… this will be a fun one!
* Our group is opting to do the "My Time Dining" dining which means our gratuities are included in the cruise cost and will be prepaid. You can tip extra once onboard if you'd like to. The "My Tiem Dining" dining has a no specific time reservation must be made on the ship for our group.
Don't Delay... Reserve your cabin(s) today!
Call Costco Travel at
or Reserve your Cabin
They will assist you in booking with our group.